Latitude Tote - Natural Linen
Pickup available at The Docklands Cotton Mills Footscray
Usually ready in 24 hours
The perfect go-to on the weekend, the Latitude Tote is ideal for park and pool visits, as well as light shopping at the market. An inside pocket is a handy compartment for your wallet, keys and phone.
Made in Lithuania
Designed in Melbourne
Tumble or Line Dry
48 x 23
18.5 x 24
All measurements are taken flat and in CM (please double for circumference).
All garments are made by hand and may vary slightly.
We recommend looking at the garment’s measurements in relation to your body, and also in comparison to a similar style of clothing you own. This is a great way to understand the shape and size of a style.
Our linen styles are made from premium European linen (grown in France, Belgium & the Netherlands), pre-washed, and ready to wear on arrival. Some are lightly pressed - within no time the fabric will soften with wear, crinkles and wrinkles will come naturally, giving it that stunning unironed look that we have all come to love. If you would like to speed up this process, we recommend popping it in the washing machine, following the washing instructions found on your garments care label, and skipping any ironing.
We recommend looking at the garment’s measurements in relation to your body, and also in comparison to a similar style of clothing you own prior to ordering. This is a great way to understand the shape and size of a style.
Once a Metta Melbourne style has been washed, dried and ironed, we lay the garment flat, and with a trusty tape measure, get to work measuring.
We do our best to maintain consistency with each and every collection, garments are made and measured by hand, so measurements are a guide and approximation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- All measurements need to be doubled for circumference, and are in CM’s.
- We're careful not to pull the fabric at all while measuring, this includes pleats and gathering.
- Does your linen item look smaller than expected? Some of our linen pieces will arrive washed and crinkled, appearing smaller. The fabric will relax with wear. If you would prefer to make sure it is the right measurement prior to wearing, you can lightly iron the garment.
- Our measurement points are consistent across our shirts, dresses, pants and skirts etc... See our handy illustrations below.
- Shoulder is measured from the shoulder-seam to shoulder-seam.
- Centre-front is taken from the top of the front collar to the bottom of the hem. Turn garment over, measure from the top centre back of the collar to the bottom of the hem.
TOPS, SHIRTS & BLOUSES
- We offer free regular postage for an order with AU $400 or more within Australia.
- Metta Melbourne is currently using the Australia Express and Regular Post service.
All parcels will receive a tracking number via email when your parcel is packed. You can track your order by entering your tracking number here.
- Internationally Australia Post parcels will connect to the equivalent postal service. For example, parcels sent to the US will arrive via USPS.
International Taxes and duties need to be paid by the customer on arrival, as determined by their own country's import rules.
**** Please check what taxes and duties may need to be paid before making a purchase with us as we will not refund a parcel sent back due to non-payment of taxes and duties.
- Make sure your order is complete prior to checking out. Shipping fees cannot be combined over multiple orders, have free shipping applied, or have postage refunded after an order has been placed.
With longevity at the heart of Metta Melbourne collections, we have put together the following care guide. We always recommend referring to the item's particular care label first. This can be located on the inner left hand side of the garment, and is specific to that item’s required care with the fabric content and washing instructions listed. We don’t recommend using fabric softeners or bleach with your Metta Melbourne garments.
Our linen styles are crafted from premium linen that is grown, woven and sewn in Europe to create the highest standard in linen garments.
Metta Melbourne orders will arrive pre-washed, and ready to wear on arrival. Some linen pieces have been lightly pressed and may appear flat initially - however within no time the linen will soften with wear, creating those natural wrinkles.
For your first wear and ongoing care we recommend:
- Warm machine wash.
- Line dry on a hanger and wear to soften naturally /OR tumble dry and remove it immediately once the cycle has finished. Tumble drying will give it a lovely softness.
- Rustic linen, linen gauze, and our woven linen towels all respond particularly well to being tumble dried for achieving softness.
- Shake out your garment and hang on a hanger.
- Skip any ironing after washing to achieve the wonderful crinkled look you see in our images.
- If you prefer less wrinkles, a simple steam or iron on a high heat will smooth out the fibers.
- Ticking Stripe, Micro Check & Bengal Stripe: machine wash on a 3o degree setting with similar colours. Tumble dry or line dry. Flat iron or use a steamer if preferred. Do not bleach.
- Our knitted linen items come from the same premium flax linen as our garments and the same care instructions can be followed.
- Our knitted socks are not one size fits all, please see the individual listings online.
- When our socks arrive, they appear smaller in size, and we suggest stretching them out ever so slightly with your hands before popping them on. After a wear or two, they will soften and stretch out, but shrink nicely again after the next wash.
Natural fibers possess inherent properties that naturally resist odours and bacteria. Therefore, if the garment remains unstained, simply airing it out is usually sufficient.
- If washing becomes necessary, we suggest a gentle hand wash using your preferred wool wash in lukewarm water. After gently agitating and rinsing, remove excess water by rolling the garment in a towel. Alternatively, if you trust your machine, you can use the spin cycle to extract the water. Subsequently, allow the garment to dry flat.
- It is important to avoid tumble drying your knitwear or leaving it hanging while still wet.
- To maintain the shape of your knit, we recommend storing it folded flat.
- For a natural moth deterrent with a subtle fragrance, consider storing your knitwear with bay leaves.
Our cotton garments will all come with their own care label, and we suggest following these closely for the longevity of your styles.
- Often machine-washable on a cool to warm heat setting and able to be tumble dried or line dried. We love drying garments such as our shirts, Imogen Cotton Slips and Camis from coat hangers, to avoid any unwanted fold lines.
COTTON VOILE & LACE
- Crafted using one of the last antique lace machines in with world.
- Machine washable, unless their care tag states otherwise.
- Place your cotton voile and lace items in a delicates bag and pop them through a cool gentle/or hand-wash cycle, unless tag states otherwise.
COTTON VELVET MELODRAMA COATS
- Features natural irregularities.
- Crafted from 100% Cotton
- Do not rub or scratch the surface.
- Steam in a light circular motion, without applying pressure to the surface.
PRINTED COTTON POPLIN & PRINTED COTTON VOILE
- Hand wash separately in cold water.
- Dry flat out of direct sunlight.
Our silk garments such as the Amy Skirt, Camille Slip and Camisoles have been hand-loomed by artisans in India from raw silk which creates a subtle mottled sheen, making every skirt silk garment unique with a sense of character.
- Machine washable, unless their care tag states otherwise.
- Place your silk items in a delicates bag and pop them through a cool gentle/or hand-wash cycle.
Our over-dyed fabrics are batch dyed locally in Melbourne. We work closely with our local dyers to maintain consistency, though variations in colour can be expected and often occur.
LIBERTY of LONDON FABRICS
Whenever we find the perfect Liberty of London fabric to use in our Metta Melbourne collections, we can’t help ourselves. Originating in 1875 on Regent Street in London, Liberty Fabrics are renowned to this day for their timeless patterned fabrics. We love to use their 100% Cotton fabrics, such as the silky-feel Tana Lawn variety that are designed in-house by Liberty London studio artists, and printed at Liberty's own Italian mill, situated close to Lake Como.
- Turn garments inside out when machine washing and line drying to help preserve the stunning vibrancy of the prints.
- If line drying, position in a shaded area, and avoid direct sunlight for extended periods of time, as this can fade most printed fabrics.
FRENCH TICKING STRIPE
Ticking Stripe was originally known as ‘ticking fabric’ and made from thickly woven cotton or linen. ‘Ticking’ comes from the Greek word ‘theka’, which means ‘case’ or ‘covering’ as this delightful fabric was used in the home to cover mattresses, keeping straw and feathers in nicely. We fell in love with this timeless stripe many years ago, and love to incorporate it into our collections.
The word Seersucker originates from the Hindustani words شیر shîr and شکر shakar, which translate to "milk and sugar", from the resemblance of its smooth and rough stripes to the smooth texture of milk and the bumpy texture of sugar, respectively.
- In order to preserve the gorgeous textural nature of the fabric, we advise against ironing seersucker garments or only ironing lightly.
- After washing, straighten out pockets when hanging or iron lightly after tumble drying to avoid a bumpy silhouette.
FINDING THE PERFECT FIT
Finding the correct size can feel daunting. All of our products include measurements we have personally taken to help you find your perfect fit. We have a simple guide to show where all the measurements have been taken from.
Kindly reach out to us with any fit questions, we would love to help.
Visit our Australia & International Stockist Page to see if there is a Metta Melbourme Stockist near you.